It is a database of theses, which have been presented at Spanish universities, that pertains to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
You must start the registration before requesting the deposit of the thesis and print a copy of the generated file, which you will provide along with all the necessary documentation when depositing the thesis.
At the following link: Teseo
First, you must register as a user. In the tab "Registrarme como Doctorando" (register as a doctoral student). You must fill in all the personal data:
- Usuario (username): write your national identity document number, passport, etc.
- Contraseña (password): this is chosen by the doctoral student.
When you finish registering, you must access "Entrar como usuario registrado" (enter as a registered user), then click "Crear" (create), "Dar de alta la tesis" (register the thesis), "Ficha" (record), "Pendientes" (pending).
More information: Help
You must fill in the information requested in the five tabs: datos autor (author data), datos tesis (thesis data), información tesis (thesis information), dirección tesis (thesis Director of Studies), tribunal (examination board).
Do not forget to click on the "Aceptar" (accept) button (if you do not, you will lose all the information submitted).
- The space that appears as "Resumen" (summary) is a presentation of the doctoral thesis, and the information must be ample enough to explain the argument of the doctoral thesis. This is an essential requirement of the Ministry in order to accept the thesis for inclusion in the TESEO database..
- You must pay special attention to the keywords. Open Thesaurus (UNESCO codes). To search for these, enter a single word, and a menu with all the possible options will be displayed. If error appears, try again with a different word until you enter a term the system recognises. You can enter up to five keywords, although the thesis can be validated with just one.
- You can indicate whether or not you accept the publication of your thesis file on the Internet by activating the validation box or not. If you do not activate it, users will not be able to download the thesis file in future queries.
You must enter the data of the Director of Studies:
- Write his/her ID or passport number. You should recover all the Director’s data, except for the centre or university to which they belong.
- You can check the data of the Director of Studies in the documentation submitted when depositing your thesis.
Note: Do not forget to click on "Añadir miembro tribunal" (add examination board member) before going to the next screen, otherwise, the information will not be recorded.
You must enter the data of all the examination board members: president, secretary and main member. The substitutes are not included unless a member withdraws and is replaced.
These data includes: name, surnames, identification number (ID or passport), nationality, university or institution and position on the examination board. Search by ID or passport number. This usually recovers the data, except for the centre or university to which they belong.
If any examination board member is not registered, you must register him/her with the following data: identification number (ID or passport), name, surnames, university or centre to which they belong and position on the examination board (president, secretary or main member).
Data on the examination board may be consulted in the documentation submitted when depositing your thesis (Examination Board proposal 4T).
Note: do not forget to click on “Añadir miembro tribunal” (add examination board member) before going on to the next screen, otherwise, the information will not be recorded.