Who we are?
The Doctoral School of the University of Valladolid (EsDUVa) is the centre whose main purpose is the organisation of doctoral teaching and activities. In this sense, it integrates all the doctoral programmes of the University of Valladolid.
The main objective of the Doctoral School of the University of Valladolid is to guarantee the highest quality in third cycle studies, coordinating and promoting excellence in the Doctoral Programmes offered.
To this end, the Doctoral School is responsible for the planning, development and supervision of the Doctoral Programmes offered by the University of Valladolid, as well as for the organisation of the training activities considered appropriate in the field of research.
Its main functions are:
- To plan and propose the Doctoral Programmes offered at the University of Valladolid.
- In the case of inter-university programmes, the Doctoral School will assume the appropriate coordination functions with the participating entities or bodies.
- To assume the administrative tasks related to doctoral studies, managing the administrative processes of the students' files in the different doctoral programmes, enrolment, registration of activities, presentation of theses, issuing of academic certificates, processing of degrees and other similar functions.
- To promote the highest quality in the third cycle training offer, participating in the processes of verification, monitoring and accreditation of the same.
- To organise the complementary training activities considered appropriate, particularly those focused on fostering transversal competences in research.
- Promote collaboration with external entities, both public and private, aimed at improving the training offer in research, with special attention to international collaborations.
- To guarantee the quality of the Doctoral Theses presented at the University of Valladolid.
- Representation and participation in institutions or activities related to training in the field of research.
María de los Ángeles García de las Heras. Tlfn/Ext: 98342-3613 email@example.com
Head of Section
María Luisa Poncela Álvarez. Tlfn/Ext: 98318-4343 firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Department
Raquel Blázquez Marciel. Tlfn/Ext: 98342-3908 email@example.com
Walerico Raúl Soto Miranda. Tlfn/Ext: 98318-6471 firstname.lastname@example.org
María Victoria Rodríguez Nodal Tlfn/Ext: 98318-3004 email@example.com
Ana María Sánchez Casquero Tlfn/Ext: 98342-3908 firstname.lastname@example.org
María Cristina Nieto Moro. Tlfn/Ext: 98318-5067 email@example.com
Governing bodies of the EsDUVa
José Ramón González García Tlfn/Ext: 98318-4885 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cristina García Cabezón. Tlfn/Ext: 98318-4885 email@example.com
Fernando Juan Tadeo Rico Tlfn/Ext: 98318-4885 firstname.lastname@example.org
María del Pilar Velasco González. Tlfn/Ext: 98318-4885 email@example.com
María Teresa Pérez García. Tlfn/Ext: 98318-4885 firstname.lastname@example.org
María Victoria Rodríguez Nodal Tlfn/Ext: 98342-3004 email@example.com
The Management Committee is the collegiate governing body of the EsDUVa. It is made up of the following members:
- Ex officio members: the Director, the Deputy Directors, the Academic Secretary, the coordinators of the Doctoral Programmes, the coordinators of the official master's degrees affiliated to the School.
- Elected members: representatives of doctoral students and of the students of the official master's programmes affiliated to the School, representatives of the public or private entities that participate in the Doctoral Programmes and representatives of the EsDUVa's Administration and Services Staff.
For the proper functioning of the School of Doctoral Studies, it has several committees that emanate from it:
- Permanent Commission
- Official Master's Degrees Committee
- Doctoral Thesis Committee
The Standing Committee of the Steering Committee shall be made up of:
- The Director of the EsDUVa, who chairs it.
- The Deputy Directors of the EsDUVa.
- The Academic Secretary of the EsDUVa who will act as Secretary of this Committee.
- A Doctoral Programme Coordinator for each of the branches of knowledge.
- A coordinator of the official master's degree programmes.
- A representative of the doctoral students and of the students of the official Master's programmes affiliated to the EsDUVa.
- A representative of the public or private entities participating in the EsDUVa's doctoral programmes.
- The PAS responsible for the administrative services of the EsDUVa.
Its functions are the resolution of procedural matters established by the Management Committee, and those other matters that, by delegation, the Management Committee expressly entrusts to it.
- The Deputy Director with competence in the subject, who will chair it.
- The coordinators of the official master's degrees affiliated to the EsDUVa, one of whom, appointed by the president, will act as secretary.
- A representative of the students of the official master's degree courses affiliated to the EsDUVa, elected by and from among the course delegates.
- A representative of the Administration and Services Staff, elected by and from among said staff.
The functions attributed by the regulations in force to the Centre Boards and, where appropriate, to their management or dean's offices, in relation to the academic management and organisation of the official master's degrees, as well as the functions attributed in the regulations in force to the End of Degree Awards Assessment Committees and to the Quality Assurance Committee, in relation to the latter.
The Doctoral Theses Commission is the EsDUVa's collegiate body responsible for the quality control of doctoral theses. The Doctoral Thesis Committee is made up of the EsDUVa's Assistant Director of Quality Assurance and twelve members representing all branches of knowledge.
The functions of the Doctoral Thesis Committee include, among others:
- To deal with matters relating to the processing of doctoral theses, including the decision on their admission for defence, in compliance with the regulations approved by the Governing Council for this purpose, and the supervision of co-supervision agreements.
- Defining and ensuring compliance with procedures that guarantee the quality of the doctoral thesis from its commencement to its admission for defence.
- To verify compliance with the requirements for obtaining a PhD with an international mention, with an industrial mention or under international co-supervision.
- To propose to the Rector the approval of the doctoral thesis tribunals in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- To publish the calls for the Extraordinary Doctorate Award, to instruct the procedure and to submit to the Governing Council the proposal for the resolution of these calls.
The Academic Committee of each Doctoral Programme is responsible for its specific training and research activities. This Academic Committee will be made up of PhDs, and may include researchers from Public Research Bodies, as well as from other entities and institutions involved in national and international R+D+i.
According to the Regulation on the bodies of the quality assurance system of the UVa, there is a Degree Committee for each Master's Degree offered at the EsDUVa.
The Committee will be composed of at least the following members:
a) The President.
b) A student enrolled in at least 50% of the credits of the degree.
c) One full-time member of the teaching and research staff for each academic year.
d) One external professional and one graduate linked to the degree.
e) The degree tutor, a figure included in the Academic Regulations of the University of Valladolid.
f) Any other members contemplated, where appropriate, in the corresponding degree programme verification report or in the corresponding inter-university agreements that may be applicable.
The Guarantee Commission is the EsDUVa body responsible for the study and resolution of doctoral and master's degree students' complaints regarding their assessment.
The EsDUVa's Guarantee Committee is made up of the following members:
a) The Director of the EsDUVa, who will chair it, and who may delegate this function to a Deputy Director or another member of the Management Committee.
b) Two lecturers from two of the doctoral programmes.
c) A lecturer from one of the master's degrees affiliated to the EsDUVa.
d) Four students from the degrees affiliated to the EsDUVa.
e) Two representatives of the administration and services staff.