Registration for first year students
We would like to welcome you to the Doctoral School of the University of Valladolid.
In the Administrative Secretariat we are at your disposal to help you with any formalities you may need, you can contact us at: https://esduva.uva.es/la-escuela/quienes-somos/
You have already been admitted to a Doctoral Programme, so you must formalise your self-enrolment here, within the period established in the academic calendar.
To do so:
- Identify yourself with the number of the identity document with which you applied for admission (DNI, Passport or NIE), without hyphens or spaces, and the password generated by the system when you applied for admission.
- Use our Enrolment Guide, it will help you to do it and it details the types of discounts, payment methods... (for more information see the section on fees and public prices).
a) Title of Large Family.
b) Disabled students: Document accrediting the degree of disability.
c) Victims of acts of terrorism: Supporting document.2. Related to the payment, if you have a direct debit, Direct debit mandate SEPA payment mandate (only in case you have a direct debit). 3. Other documents that accredit the access requirements, depending on the case in which you fit:
Case 1. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate in Spain and when pre-registering you have given your consent for us to consult this information or you have taken them at the University of Valladolid:
- At the moment you do not have to submit anything. Once the check has been carried out, you must present the documentation that, if necessary, is required of you.
Case 2. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate in Spain and when pre-registering you have NOT given your consent for us to consult this information:
- You must provide the documentation according to your form of access.
Case 3. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate outside Spain and the country issuing the degree is a signatory to the EHEA agreement, consult the documentation you need to provide, depending on your form of access. Please note that an official translation into Spanish is required, carried out by a sworn translator duly authorised or registered in Spain, where applicable. List of sworn interpreters (European Union and EHEA countries).
Case 4. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate outside Spain and the country issuing the degree is NOT a signatory to the EHEA agreement, you must complete the following document: verification of studies, (Application for verification of studies taken by students with degees awarded abroad), accompanied by the following documentation:
- University degree (legalised through diplomatic channels).
- Academic certification of the undergraduate studies stating the duration of the studies, the subjects taken, with the grades and number of credits or hourly load of each one (Legalised via diplomatic channels).
- University degree at Master's level (legalised through diplomatic channels).
- Academic certification of the Master's level studies stating the length of time and the subjects taken, with the grades and number of credits or hourly load of each one (Legalised via diplomatic channels).
- Certificate from the university issuing the degree accrediting that these studies allow access to a PhD in the issuing country.
- If applicable, the documentation must be officially translated into Spanish by a sworn translator, duly authorised or registered in Spain. List of sworn interpreters.
b) At post offices.
c) At Spanish diplomatic representations or consular offices abroad.
d) At registry assistance offices.
e) Exceptionally, in person at the Doctoral School.The rest of the documents can be sent to the ESDUVA through the "General application" of the Electronic Headquarters of the University of Valladolid, which is available at: https://sede.uva.es/opencms/opencms/es/Sobre_la_Sede/Registro_Electronico/index.html Important: The DIR3 code of the Doctoral School of the University of Valladolid is U01900041. The postal address of the Doctoral School is: Casa del Estudiante Real de Burgos, s/n, Valladolid (Valladolid) 47011
Annual renewal of registration
Each academic year, doctoral students must renew their enrolment in their doctoral programme, within the established period and including the year in which they plan to deposit their thesis. Failure to do so implies withdrawal from the programme, and therefore the loss of your place.
October 2 to 20, 2023
Self-registration for the doctoral thesis examination
After following the procedures for the online deposit of the doctoral thesis and when the defence of the thesis has been authorised by the Doctoral Thesis Committee, you must self-register for the doctoral thesis exam.
The Doctoral Thesis Committee authorises the defence of the thesis and also proposes the appointment of the examining board to the Rector.
Therefore, when you receive an email indicating that the defence has been authorised, you can self-register your doctoral thesis.
Within three days of the Doctoral Thesis Committee authorising the defence of your doctoral thesis.
Fees and prices
The public prices for courses of study leading to university degrees in the public universities dependent on the Autonomous Community of Castilla y León are set by Decree of the Junta de Castilla y León.
|Concept||Ordinary enrolment||Large Family|
|Academic Guardianship||400,85 €||200,43 €|
|Training complements||31,14 € the credit||15,57 € the credit|
|Opening of a file||32,93 €||16,47 €|
|Student card||12,17 €||6,09 €|
|School insurance (<= 28 years) (*)||1,12 €||1,12 €|
|Administrative overheads||20,00 €||20,00 €|
|Establishment of the equivalence of the foreign degree for access to a PhD (degree issued by a country outside the EHEA).||210,97 €||105,49 €|
(*) All Spanish students or foreign students with legal residence in Spain, aged 28 or under, must submit a Social Security Number Report (NUSS). You can obtain it through the Social Security Electronic Headquarters (in the section "Reports and Certificates", if you already have the Social Security number, or in "Affiliations and Registration", to obtain the assignment of the Social Security number for the first time) or in person at any office of the General Treasury of the Social Security.
-According to the Decree of the Junta de Castilla y León that regulates the public prices for university studies, the exemptions to which you may be entitled are:
- Being a member of a large family,
- Being a student with a disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- Victims of acts of terrorism.
- Victims of gender violence
- Beneficiaries of the minimum living income benefit.
- Applicants and beneficiaries of Temporary Protection for people affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
*The supporting documentation of the exemptions to which you may be entitled, you must submit it to the Administrative Secretariat of the School of Doctoral Studies, except in the case of exemptions of point 1 and 2 if you have authorized their consultation at the time of self-registration.
If you are UVa Staff, you must apply for the Grants for studies at the University of Valladolid that are announced annually before making the self-registration (call for application).
For the payment of your enrolment fee you can choose between two payment methods in the automatic enrolment system:
- Direct debit: you must provide the IBAN code of the bank account where the corresponding charge will be made. Only if you have to enrol for training complements you will be able to split the payment in 3 instalments.
- Financial institution: You cannot defer payment. Once you have completed the self-enrolment process, you will receive a payment document (ABONARÉ) and you must make the payment within the period indicated, at any branch of the Banco Santander.
Only if you live abroad you will be able to pay the registration fee by international transfer in which the following details must be included:
BANCO SANTANDER CENTRAL HISPANO
IBAN: ES10 0049 5450 0526 1608 6046
It is important that you clearly specify your name and surname in the concept of the transfer.
The transfer must be made in euros and the amount received in the account must be exact, so you must bear in mind that the charges are to be paid by the sender. Once the transfer has been made, a copy must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
Cancellation of enrolment
The cancellation of enrolment entails the cessation of the academic effects of the enrolment with the consequent loss of the assessment rights, but maintaining the obligation to pay the public fees, unless they are refunded.
Registration can be cancelled either at the student's own request or at the request of the University.
- Cancellation of enrolment at the student's request:
This must be requested within one month of the day following the end of the corresponding enrolment period in which they have enrolled, or from the date of enrolment if this is later, and they will be entitled to a refund of the tuition fees, if they have already paid them.
- Cancellation by the University:
The official cancellation of the registration will be carried out:
- For non-payment of the registration fee (total or partial), within the established deadlines.
- Failure to comply with the access requirements, or failure to provide the compulsory documents required to formalise the enrolment within the corresponding deadline.
The cancellation request will be submitted through the procedure of Cancellation/Modification of enrolment in the E-Office.
Request for refund of public fees
You must fill in the application form for the refund of public fees and attach the bank certificate of ownership, in the case of a foreign account the SWIFT code must be included, and send both documents to the Administrative Secretary of the Doctoral School through the Electronic Register at the E-Office.