Registration for first year students
Calendar for the 2022-2023 academic year
Application for admission and enrolment after the deadline:
Exceptionally, students who have not pre-registered within the established deadlines, may be admitted and formalise their enrolment after the deadline, but only if there are vacancies in the programme applied for.
To do so, they should contact the Coordinator of the PhD Programme they wish to access.
If the Academic Committee of the programme deems it appropriate, it will inform the Administrative Secretariat of the School of Doctoral Studies so that the necessary procedures can be initiated.
The Administrative Secretary's Office will contact the student so that he/she can pre-register using the SIGMA application and thus be registered in the system.
- If you have been admitted to a Doctoral Programme, you must formalise your self-enrolment here, within the approved deadline.
- Identify yourself with the number of the identity document with which you applied for admission (DNI, Passport or NIE), without hyphens or spaces (complete with zeros to the left if necessary) and the password generated by the system at the time of applying for admission.
- Consult our Enrolment Guide which will help you to complete the enrolment process with the application.
- Make sure you have all the required documentation ready.
- Check if you are eligible for a tuition fee reduction. If you are entitled to a discount for large families, victims of terrorism or disability you must submit, before making the self-enrolment, in the Administrative Secretariat of the EsDUVa the certified supporting documentation or submit the original and a copy for collation so that you can enrol with these discounts.
If you belong to the group of UVa staff, you must apply, before making the self-registration, the bonus as set out in the call for social assistance for the corresponding course.
You can choose between two payment procedures:
1. BANK DEPOSIT: you need a bank account in Spain.
2. BY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION:
2.1. You will have to make the payment at a Banco Santander branch.
2.2. Payment by bank transfer: Only for foreign students without a bank account in Spain.
DOCUMENTATION THAT YOU HAVE TO PRESENT:
Once you have completed your self-enrolment for the first time, you must provide the following documentation within ten days:
1. In relation to enrolment bonuses, the appropriate document or documents:
a) Title of Large Family.
b) Disabled students: Document accrediting the degree of disability.
c) Victims of acts of terrorism: Supporting document.
2. Related to the payment, if you have a direct debit, Direct debit mandate SEPA payment mandate (only in case you have a direct debit).
3. Other documents that accredit the access requirements, depending on the case in which you fit:
Case 1. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate in Spain and when pre-registering you have given your consent for us to consult this information or you have taken them at the University of Valladolid:
- At the moment you do not have to submit anything. Once the check has been carried out, you must present the documentation that, if necessary, is required of you.
Case 2. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate in Spain and when pre-registering you have NOT given your consent for us to consult this information:
- You must provide the documentation according to your form of access.
Case 3. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate outside Spain and the country issuing the degree is a signatory to the EHEA agreement, consult the documentation you need to provide, depending on your form of access. Please note that an official translation into Spanish is required, carried out by a sworn translator duly authorised or registered in Spain, where applicable. List of sworn interpreters
(European Union and EHEA countries).
Case 4. You have taken university studies prior to the doctorate outside Spain and the country issuing the degree is NOT a signatory to the EHEA agreement, you must complete the following document: verification of studies, (Application for verification of studies taken by students with degees awarded abroad), accompanied by the following documentation:
- University degree (legalised through diplomatic channels).
- Academic certification of the undergraduate studies stating the duration of the studies, the subjects taken, with the grades and number of credits or hourly load of each one (Legalised via diplomatic channels).
- University degree at Master's level (legalised through diplomatic channels).
- Academic certification of the Master's level studies stating the length of time and the subjects taken, with the grades and number of credits or hourly load of each one (Legalised via diplomatic channels).
- Certificate from the university issuing the degree accrediting that these studies allow access to a PhD in the issuing country.
- If applicable, the documentation must be officially translated into Spanish by a sworn translator, duly authorised or registered in Spain. List of sworn interpreters.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENTATION:
Once the AUTOMATRICULATION has been carried out, you must present the documentation indicated in the previous section, necessary for the formalisation of the registration, within 10 days.
Important: If the required documentation has not been provided, the registration will be cancelled on 31 December.
If the self-enrolment is carried out in February, if the required documentation is not provided, the enrolment will be cancelled on 30 April.
HOW TO PRESENT THE DOCUMENTATION:
The documentation accrediting the access requirements you can submit it:
a) In the electronic registry of the University of Valladolid, as well as in the following electronic registries established in Law 39/2015: Registries of the General State Administration, of the Administrations of the Autonomous Communities, of the Entities that make up the Local Administration and of the Institutional Public Sector.
b) At post offices.
c) At Spanish diplomatic representations or consular offices abroad.
d) At registry assistance offices.
e) Exceptionally, in person at the Doctoral School.
The rest of the documents can be sent to the ESDUVA through the "General application" of the Electronic Headquarters of the University of Valladolid, which is available at:
The DIR3 code of the Doctoral School of the University of Valladolid is U01900041. The postal address of the Doctoral School is:
Casa del Estudiante
Real de Burgos, s/n, Valladolid (Valladolid)
Annual renewal of registration
Each academic year, doctoral students must renew their enrolment in their doctoral programme, within the established period and including the year in which they plan to deposit their thesis. Failure to do so implies withdrawal from the programme, and therefore the loss of your place.
To do so, you must formalise your self-enrolment here, within the established deadline. Check the enrolment deadline in the academic calendar.
In order to renew the registration it is necessary that the Academic Committee of the Doctoral Programme has carried out the evaluation of the doctoral student's activity in the previous academic year (Doctoral Student Activity Document and research plan).
Fees and prices
The public prices for courses of study leading to university degrees in the public universities dependent on the Autonomous Community of Castilla y León are set by Decree of the Junta de Castilla y León.
|Concept||Ordinary enrolment||Large Family|
|Academic Guardianship||400,85 €||200,43 €|
|Training complements||31,14 € the credit||15,57 € the credit|
|Opening of a file||32,93 €||16,47 €|
|Student card||12,17 €||6,09 €|
|School insurance (<= 28 years) (*)||1,12 €||1,12 €|
|Administrative overheads||15,00 €||15,00 €|
|Establishment of the equivalence of the foreign degree for access to a PhD (degree issued by a country outside the EHEA).||210,97 €||105,49 €|
(*) All Spanish students or foreign students with legal residence in Spain, aged 28 or under, must submit a Social Security Number Report (NUSS). You can obtain it through the Social Security Electronic Headquarters (in the section "Reports and Certificates", if you already have the Social Security number, or in "Affiliations and Registration", to obtain the assignment of the Social Security number for the first time) or in person at any office of the General Treasury of the Social Security.
- If you are a beneficiary of a large family, you must provide documentary proof of this by presenting the original of the Large Family Certificate at the Administrative Secretariat of the School of Doctoral Studies, prior to self-enrolment.
- If you are UVa Staff, you must apply for the STUDY AID FOR STUDIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF VALLADOLID academic year 2022-23 before self-enrolling (you can find the call for applications on the notice board of the E-Office).
- If you have a recognised degree of disability equal to or higher than 33%, you will be exempt from paying the public fees and you will have to prove it with a certificate issued by the Regional Ministry of Health, which you will have to hand in at the Administrative Secretary's Office of the Doctoral School before self-enrolling.
- Victims of acts of terrorism: Students who have been direct victims of terrorist acts or who are children or spouses not legally separated from those who have died or been injured in terrorist acts are exempt from paying public fees. This condition must be accredited in accordance with the provisions of Law 32/99 of 8 October 1999 on solidarity with the victims of terrorism, which must be submitted to the Administrative Secretary's Office of the Doctoral School prior to self-enrolment.
- Beneficiaries of the minimum living income benefit: Those who are beneficiaries of the minimum living income benefit, in accordance with the provisions of article 4 of Law 19/2021, of 20 December, which establishes the minimum living income, and who are recognised as such, will be exempt from paying the public prices established in the fees decree of the Junta de Castilla y León. This status will be accredited by means of the resolution of the National Institute of Social Security, referred to in Article 28.3 of Law 19/2021 of 20 December.
For the payment of your enrolment fee you can choose between two payment methods:
- BANK DEPOSIT: you must provide the IBAN code of the bank account where the corresponding charge will be made. You can pay in three instalments only if you have to enrol for additional courses.
- BY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION: You cannot defer payment. Once you have completed the self-enrolment process, you will receive a payment document (ABONARÉ) and you must make the payment within the period indicated, at any branch of the Banco Santander, and present the proof of payment at the secretary's office of the Doctoral School together with the rest of the enrolment documentation.
Only for foreign students without an account in Spain: In self-enrolment, select "Payment by financial institution" to generate the payment note and make the transfer to the following account number:
BANCO SANTANDER CENTRAL HISPANO
IBAN: ES37 0049 1866 2326 1038 9849
In the transfer, in favour of the University of Valladolid, the following must be clearly specified:
- Name and surname of the student
- NIP number that appears on the promissory note.
The transfer must be made in euros and the amount received in the account must be exact. Once the transfer has been made, a copy must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Failure to pay the registration fee (total or partial) may result in the cancellation of the registration under the terms and effects established in the University regulations. This will generate a default for the following courses, so that if the student wishes to re-enrol at the University of Valladolid, he/she will not be able to do so if he/she does not settle the debt beforehand.